Yesterday was my "golden" birthday; the birthday in which you turn the age of your birth date day. I was very fortunate to spend the day with my most favorite man, my son. Ryan had to work, so J and I took the opportunity to play at the waterpark at Ryan's place of employment. Unlike last year, this year Jordan was scared to go on any of the slides. Finally after some encouragement, he got on them and wouldn't relent afterwards. We sat outside drinking an icee and telling "knock knock" jokes and watching the rollercoasters next to the resort. Ryan came home with a bouquet of pink roses and cards from himself and J. Afterwards, my family came over for pizza and we enjoyed watching the kids and furkids play. Everyone left, I propped my feet up and enjoyed some wine as the "icing on the cake". It was a fun and exhausting day; I wouldn't have it any other way.
Also, for my birthday. I would like to pass my NCLEX. It will be a late birthday present, but I will take it. I'm taking it this week--- It's one thing to talk about taking it, it's quite another to actually take it. I have had lots of encouragement that I will prevail however it's nerve wracking! I've got a lot counting on this, not to mention I don't want to pay 200 more dollars to do it again.
Other updates in case anyone cares:
FF never called me back last week. Haven't heard from him or his family since the phone call. Who knows what that means, but Ryan is confident that he's going to sign the papers and not do something stupid (like try to take me to court for custody or more visitation).
I leave for Mississippi on Friday to see my bestie and (hopefully) aide as labor coach/consultant. I will be there for almost 2 weeks-- the longest I've been away from my family in almost 4 years.
After I get back from MS--- we're getting married!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
After we get married, life will slow down a bit and I'm very much looking forward to it. :)
Last but not certainly least, I was honored to have my birthday on Memorial Day this year. Do not forget the past and present men and women who fight to keep our country safe including active duty, reserves, national guard, police, and firefighters. Freedom isn't free--- it is earned by the sacrifice of others. Thank you to those who serve.
No comments:
Post a Comment