Ryan and I are adjusting from the 6 week break I took from the after graduation/before big girl working job. During the 6 week break, I've been home all day, cooking dinner, and no obligations except to make sure my son is still breathing. Now, its back to 12 hour shifts; this time mostly in the 11am to 11pm time frame.
As a new grad, I have a 20 week mentored experience (internship) in the labor and delivery at the downtown hospital. So far, I LOVE IT (big surprise haha). I am getting a lot of good experiences, meeting a lot of interesting families, and getting to see a baby take its first breath--- priceless. My preceptor is also awesome with more than a decade of L&D experience and its easy to ask her questions. I have LOTS to learn but I am looking forward to every minute of it!
And so far, I've only birthed boys. No girls yet :) I got this beauty from a patient's family...
In other news, we have received our court date for the adoption for mid-September. If the hearing goes in our favor (which there shouldn't be any hang-ups), the adoption will be final mid-March. (its not final right away, there is a 6 month waiting period between the hearing and finalization). Did I mention we can't wait!!?!?!?!?!?!!? :)
Slowly but surely, everything is falling in to place. My graduation, our wedding, the adoption, the nursing job of my dreams. Our lives aren't perfect, but we're making the most of every moment.

No comments:
Post a Comment