Wednesday, December 31, 2014

A Year in Review: 2014

I went back and re-read my post last year for 2013. One of the first things I said was, "I don't know if 2014 can top 2013". We definitely had quite the year filled with a lot of changes but all of them exciting. :)

We kicked off the year with Jordan's adoption being final. He absolutely loves the name change even though we haven't explained the significance of it yet. We will get there in time. For right now, we've all enjoyed this change for a variety of reasons ;)

Jordan with his adoption papers 

Ryan and I also purchased our first home this year. We finalized the sale at the end of July and moved at the beginning of August. Boy was that stressful! Well worth it in the end though. We moved closer to both of our jobs and Jordan is in a better school district. We got everything on our wish list in our home and then some. (Bonus bar in the basement haha) I am glad to say we aren't moving anytime for the next couple decades. (Moving ten times in ten years is enough for me!)

October 2014 in front of our house

September 2014: Our dogs enjoying their new patio


We also welcomed our baby girl, Madelynn Elizabeth, to our family. We love her to pieces. We are so thankful to have had an uneventful pregnancy and delivery and a healthy baby. We've adjusted as a family nicely and looking forward to watching our kids grow.

30 weeks pregnant! 

Our baby girl is here! November 16th 2014

Some other honorable mentions: Jordan starting first grade and wrestling. Celebrating our first wedding anniversary. Making our house ours with some DIY projects.

December 2014: Jordan the wrestler; his first tournament

August 2014: Demo-ing the baby's room

August 2014: Jordan starts first grade in a new school!

June 2014: Our first anniversary trip to D.C.

2014 has been crazy busy! 2015 will hopefully be a little slower. I think we've got all the major changes out in 2013 and 2014!

Ryan and I are looking forward to the new year to see what it has in store for us. :) Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment