I can't believe I've been back to work for 3 months since having M Where does the time go?
I was really worried about how we were going to juggle it all: both of us working full time with two kids. I didn't go back to work after having J so this was an all new experience for me.
I can't say it was a seamless transition because it wasn't (no surprise there). I had to juggle how sleeping differently, pumping at work and at home, taking care of the house and kids all while still liking my husband.
While stressful, things have been really good though. My biggest concern was being able to keep up with breastfeeding. I've been able to exclusively breastfeed M and also able to stockpile breast milk to the point we need another deep freezer. We have also slowly started her on solids which I have been making myself. M goes to day care 3 days a week which she enjoys. We are very happy (for the most part) with our day care choice; its 1.2 miles from our house and the staff is receptive to our requests in her care. J also did a trial week for summer during spring break and also likes going there. He'll be in their summer program which he is very excited about. J is doing well in school; he surpassed all the 1st grade requirements by March and is reading at a mid second grade level. His behavior has been ok; we've had a rough couple weeks before spring break but it's improved afterwards. He is working towards an end of year trip to COSI for his behavior and he's about half way to that goal.
Work has been really busy and I did miss it while I was out on maternity leave. I finished my training for our intensive care part of the unit as well as triage and being scrub tech during c-sections. I've learned a lot while off my training and learn something new every day. My co-workers have been awesome in helping me at work so I can keep pumping the boob juice for M. I am also glad that working 3 days a week allows me to spend more time with my kids at home.
And I still like my husband. He's been understanding during my transition back to work and has done an excellent job holding down the fort in my absence. We had our first 100% kid free over night last Friday when M & J stayed at my parents. We had a delicious dinner and saw the musical WICKED thanks to R's work. We have our anniversary trip in June where we are going to Toronto sans kiddies for 5 glorious days.
I think that about covers the past 3 months. Where has the year gone? Seriously.
No comments:
Post a Comment